Army Skillport Login & Registration Instructions
Army Skillport courses are one of the easiest ways to get promotion points in the Army. Every 5 course hours earned in Army Skillport is worth 1 promotion point. Soldiers recommended for SGT can earn up to 78 promotion points from 390 Skillport hours. Soldiers recommended for SGT can earn up to 84 promotion points from 420 Skillport hours. These promotion points fall under the category of military education. Follow the steps below to get started with the Army Skillport login and registration guide.
Step 1: Find the Right Site for Army Skillport Login
Be sure you are at the correct website. Click here to be taken to the Army Skillport login screen. Below is a picture of what the Army Skillport login screen will look like. You can also go directly to the site if you Google “usarmy.skillport.com”.
Step 2: Army Skillport Login
- Click on the blue link that says “Click here to register”.
- Click on “Register for Army e-learning” on the next page.
- Click “I Agree” on the next page.
- Make sure you have your CAC card and a CAC reader available to you. You can actually buy a CAC reader for a decent price at the PX, Amazon, ebay, etc. I highly recommend you do so before you become an NCO. You will need it.
- Click “Login with CAC”.
- Login with your CAC.
- Fill out the information needed to send your password to your AKO e-mail.
Step 3: Retrieve Your Skillport Army Login Information
- Login to your AKO.
- Check your e-mail.
- Find the e-mail from SkillPort and open it.
- Make a note of your password.
- Your login will be your AKO e-mail address without the @us.army.mil.
Step 4: Login to Army Skillport E learning
- Go back to the link above for the main page of SkillPort.
- Enter your login information and click “Sign On”.
Step 5: Begin Taking Skillport Courses
- Click “Catalog” on the left hand side.
- Choose a folder that seems interesting.
- Browse through the courses and decide on one to take. You may have to open multiple levels of folders until you find the actual courses.
- Hover over the course you want and click “Launch”.
- Once you have completed a course, the little green dot will show up to the right of the course title as seen below.
I highly recommend you complete the Microsoft courses on Skillport. They tend to be the easiest and most people have some knowledge of Miscrosoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel. If you do not have any Civilian Education promotion points, you may want to do the Skillport courses that have ACE college credit recomendations. By doing them, you get your Military Education promotion points and you can also use them for Civilian Education promotion points.